REVENGE: Questions to ponder before the season 2 premiere
Season 2 of Revenge premieres tonight at 9/8c on ABC! Where did we leave off in May? What mysteries have kept us guessing? Get ready for tonight’s new dose of soapy fun with Emily’s round-up of questions.
Words cannot describe how excited I am for Revenge to come back. Last season was one of the best surprises I’ve ever experienced. I never could have predicted that yet another soapy ABC show would become one of my favorites.
Last season ended with Emily Thorne getting the revenge she had been working towards the entire season, only to find out there is still much she doesn’t know. We learn that the Graysons are not the real Big Bads of the show. Instead, we find out there’s some shadowy organization running everything. They were the ones behind the terrorist attack that David Clarke was framed for.
So, what are the biggest questions we have going into Revenge’s second season?
- Who is this new organization? The Graysons have been in league with the mysterious operation, The Americon Initiative. What exactly does this group do? Are they as fabulously dressed as our former villain, Victoria?
- Which leads us to our next question; did Victoria Grayson survive the plane explosion? Let’s be honest, no one cares about Lydia Davis. We all just need to know if our favorite queen bitch of the Hamptons will be back in action for the next season.
- Will I ever care about the Jack and Declan? I can already tell you the answer to this. No, I still don’t care. [Editor's note: Hmph! Well, that just leaves more Jack for me!]
- Will Emily get back to her ruthless, unforgiving roots? God, I hope so. I was not a fan of how she decided to let her father’s murderer go free instead of killing him. The Emily I know and love from the beginning of the season would have killed him without so much of a second thought. She told us in the Pilot that this was not a story of forgiveness and I really want it to stay that way. Maybe it’s wrong, but I love Emily when she’s a cold-blooded badass mercilessly knocking off those who have wronged her. That’s the Emily I want to see next season.
- Oh yeah, Charlotte might have died too, right? Oops, forgot to care about any of her plotlines again. My bad.
- Is Amanda really pregnant? Who put her up to this? I don’t know what is going on with her, but I feel like it can only mean bad things for Emily
- Is Emily’s mom truly still alive? Have we met her yet without knowing it? Is her hair as shiny and flawless as Emily’s? I, for one, cannot wait to find out. Current theory: she’s probably Nolan’s aunt we met a few episodes back who talked to Emily about her mom. [Editor's note: Emily's mom was cast in July and the role went to Jennifer Jason Leigh.]
I’ll be recapping Revenge this season, so check back in with us after it premieres on Sunday, September 30th at 9/8c on ABC!
Emily is studying journalism in Washington, DC. She spends much of her time watching TV and becoming emotionally invested in fictional characters. You can follow her on Twitter @EmilyGuilfoil.